Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Belize!!!!!



For my first summer vacation this year my grandmother took me and my mom to Belize.we stayed in one of the nicest resorts I have ever been to . It was buried deep in the jungle. I saw lots of things i had never seen before, like basilisk lizards ( or Jesus Christ Lizards because they can run on water).

Then the next day we went to Caracol ( snail in mayan). It is the largest Mayan sit in Belize. Its even larger than the country's capital, Belize City! We saw lots of Howler Monkeys and other wild life.

But the most fun was when me and my mom (Nona had stepped off a step and as we later found out broke her ankle) climbed the giant temple there. The view at the top was amazing. Later as we were walking out we saw some British commandoes and I took a picture with them. A few days later when we were in Guatemala we went to Tikal, the most excavated mayan site in the world. Again there were lots of Howler Monkey. We also climbed lots of temples and even saw a toucan! The next day we flew back to Belize and went to the Belize Keys. There was lots of fun when we went snorkeling, fishing, and just enjoying the tropics.




We had a great time in Belize and I would highly recommend it to any one!

No comments: